This TED Talk discusses how local law enforcement collects vast personal data on citizens regardless of warrants or even suspicion. Owning a cell phone and having a license plate can be used to identify you with everything from peaceful protests to visiting a mosque. The brief suggestion as to a solution is to require regularly purging data not currently being used in investigation.
Which do you believe regarding voting for "the lesser of two evils"?
- One candidate is not really evil compared to the other, so it's not a hard choice (50%, 2 Votes)
- I will not vote for evil even if one of them will win anyway (50%, 2 Votes)
- A "protest vote" counts, even if not affecting the outcome (50%, 2 Votes)
- A third party would probably win if people did not assume they could not (25%, 1 Votes)
- Defeating the greater evil is more important than voting for someone I want (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 4